As For Me...
One of my favorite phases in the Bible comes from the Old Testament. The phrase is "As for me..." The 3-word phrase says a lot about a person. When a person says "As for me...", they are saying, "As far as I am concerned...". When a person says "As for me..." they are separating themselves from popular opinion and standing on their personal conviction. No matter what others say, do, or what they believe, this person is convinced of something - and will not change. They will live what they believe. "As for me says", "As far as it goes with me this is what I believe and what I am convinced of. I will stand on this as a personal conviction. As a matter of fact, I will establish my life on and build my life on this conviction!"
In the New American Standard Bible this phrase is used in the Old Testament at least 44 times. Some of the uses are in the negative, but none-the-less it is a statement of conviction. I love the positive ways "As for me..." is used. Here are some:
"As for me..."rooted in God does not yield to peer-pressure or political correctness. It is based on personal conviction that God's Word is true and never changes. "As for me..." is personal conviction that God's Word is tried and it is eternal! The way things are may be different from the way things were, but God's Word is still the same. It still holds the universe together and is the solid rock that as for me...I will continue to stand on.
The world is falling apart. Bad stuff continues to happen. Governments will come and go. And soon the end will come. But as for me I will stand on God's Word. As for me I my hope, peace, and joy (in the midst of it all) is in Him! How about you!
- "As for Me, behold, My covenant is with you..." (Gen. 17:4 - God to Abraham)
- "...but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." (Josh. 24:15 - Joshua to Israel)
- "But as for me, I would seek God, and I would place my cause before God..." (Job 5:8 - Job)
- "As for me, I know that my Redeemer lives..." (Job 19:25 - Job)
- "But as for Me, I have installed My King Upon Zion, My holy mountain." (Psa. 2:6 - God)
- "But as for me, I shall walk in my integrity..." (Psa. 26:11 - David)
- "But as for me, I shall sing of Your strength..." (Psa. 59:16)
- "But as for me, I will hope continually, And will praise You yet more and more." (Psa. 71:14 - David)
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment. Please be positive and encouraging. Thanks!